Makes: 4 portions
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A simple and effective meal to help pack in some fresh vegetables and high quality meat!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut or sunflower oil
- 250g purple eggplants, chopped if large
- 1 bunch spring onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (75g) gluten-free chilli paste or chilli sauce
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- 500g beef mince
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Fried eggs, to serve
Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Add eggplants, season and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Return pan to medium-high heat with remaining 1 tbs oil. Cook onion, chilli paste and half the chilli and basil, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Return the eggplant to pan and toss to warm through.
Divide rice, beef and eggs among plates. Top with remaining basil and chilli.